Sunday, June 13, 2010

BOSTON PRIDE PARADE 2010

"Riots to Rights: 1970 - 2010" theme.

Heavy rain kept this hurting puppy at home and I 'missed' the Pride Parade, one of a 10-day Pride Party. With my sprained wrist, hanging limp in its sling . .hahahaa. . . . I could have been the gay stereotype on the sidelines. . . except I dont lisp and I don't strut my stuff in a sashshay. . . . . Honestly, I hurt too much to ride the two hours to Boston on Rte 3 and 93, and parking, and the crowds. . . .and the heavy rain. . . so I stayed home and did stuff I ordinarily put off doing. . . . .Later Peter came over to hang out, stayed for dinner after much arm-twisting. . .NOT. . .and then spent the evening. We watched a bit of John Travolta's FROM PARIS WITH LOVE. . . .his side-kick is the actor who played Henry VIII on the series THE TUDORS. . . . . .we didn't stay too long with this movie. . . .BORRRRRRIIINNNGGG and dumb. So we watched some of the last season of QUEER AS FOLK. . . .on dvd. . . .then did our own partying. ;-)

Boston Pride Parade 2010

Heavy rains didn't stop Gay Pride celebrations today as many took to the streets for this year's Boston Pride Parade, which was titled, "Riots to Rights: 1970-2010."[ed note: nothing compared to Sydney. . . .ehehe]

Right: Members of the group Keshet, which works for the full inclusion gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender Jews in Jewish life, and supporters from The Workmen's Circle marched.

Click through for more scenes from the parade.
Heavy rains didn't stop Gay Pride celebrations today as many took  to the streets for this year's Boston Pride Parade, which was titled,  'Riots to Rights: 1970-2010.' Right: Members of the group Keshet , which  works for the full inclusion gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender  Jews in Jewish life, and supporters from The Workmen's Circle marched.  Click through for more scenes from the parade.
Essdras M. Suarez/ Globe Staff

4 comments:

Jim said...

Great to hear you are on the mend. Sounds like you had a much better time at home anyway.

Unknown said...

Into each life a little rain must fall. Sounds like you had your own fun.

JustinO'Shea said...

Hey there, COOPs. . .reading you makes me wonder if you ever hang out in a place where gays gather regularly? Ever go to places BAY WINDOWS advertises? ;-) Take a trip to SOuthie and see all the great and trendy restoration GAYS have made there. . . lovely shops, coffee bars, etc. . .I "window shop" the restored homes. . . .;-)

I know being gay doesn't have to mean swimming way out in the over-your-head waters. . .lol. . but it's ok to use the wading pool now and then. . .lol. . .you think?

There are things I've seen in PRIDE parades which make me feel UN-PROUD and hope then my friends see such things, they don't immediately think "Oh yeah, Justin is gay too. . .". I hope I don't feel/think "better than thou".. ever. . but a lot of that campy stuff is just not my cuppa either.

Like so many other arenas, I can be part of without doing and swallowing all the hype that goes with it.

No question I am gay. . .and in Arizona I can show my papers. . eeewwww. . . but being gay does not mean being and doing things offensive to human sensitivities. . . dontcha think? ;-) And then, even that is quite subjective.

SO. . .ENJOY being YOU. . .which is very nize! ;-))

justin

Gary Kelly said...

I was gonna make a comment similar to JustinO's but since he beat me to it, I'll just sit here and sulk.