Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Speech for Psyche in the Golden Book of Apuleius":

  - ezra pound
                                            
All night, and as the wind lieth
Among the cyprus trees, he lay,
Nor held me save as air that brusheth by one
Close, and as the petals of flowers in falling
Waiver and seem not drawn to earth, so he
Seemed over me to hover light as leaves
And closer me than air,
And music flowing through me seemed to open
My eyes upon new colours.
O winds, what wind can match the weight of him! 
 
                                         



8 comments:

Jim said...

Geez Justin! With all these pics, you better get to see Peter real soon!!! lol
Jim

JustinO'Shea said...

JIM. . . .I AM at home. . . arrived last evening, suppertime, in the dark already yet!

Peter had supper with us. . . had 4 am open-bakery routine this morning so he didn't stay over. . .

However we had a lovely evening. .aaaaaahhhhh . No bakery tomorrow. . .hehe

justin

J said...

Well done.

Anonymous said...

For a bad moment as I read the verse I thought you were like Cupid, invisible to Psyche cos you'd not made it home, but using imagination instead, whew!.
I thought it was your lament for not being with Peter in person...haha!

Glad I was wrong, glad you made the trip home fella, you needed it for sure.

Greg in Adelaide

JustinO'Shea said...

The poem sings of the experience. . . ;-)

JustinO'Shea said...

Peter and I are sitting here eating pistachio ice cream with hot fudge sauce. Yummies.

We nibble before settling in for the night. ;-) Sorta post-post dessert. . uuummm

Peter says to say HI to all You Guys. . ..so. .. HIYAS!

BYAS. . lol

J said...

I'll bet you nibble the sweetest parts first.

Anonymous said...

Awww.....
Hiya back

Greg in Adelaide