Sunday, April 24, 2011

JOY FILLED EASTER

Those of us Christians who celebrate Easter wish for ourselves and for everyone the HOPE, love, joy, assurance, that is at the heart of this Rising of Jesus from death to New Life.  The Hebrew Scriptures in Isaiah hold out this hope:  "LOOK!  I make everything NEW.  The old ways have passed!  Can't you see it ?  It is springing up all around you. . . LOOK!"

So I wish for ALL of US a new look at life and freedom.  In Jesus we have the assurance of God's love and acceptance.  "He became like us that we might become like Him!"


In becoming fully human - like us - He shows us the way to joy, acceptance, peace and love in and thru our being fully human.  With Jews and Christians the celebration of Passover and Easter is a festival of FREEDOM. . . .Jesus set us free.  It is for us to accept to be FREE, fully human, and dare to LIVE as a new creation. . "The old has passed away. . . Can't you. will you look and see it?  I make all things NEW."
HAPPY EASTER !

I removed the picture from this post since I did not have the artist's permission to use it.  I slipped on this one. . ;(
This copy of art work by Steve Walker (http://stevewalkerartist.com) speaks to me in many of his paintings about God -Us-Being Fully Human.  I see in these pictures G-d working in us, around us, thru us.. . . .showing us how good it can be to be fully human, fully alive.

En Joy. . .
  justin

2 comments:

radicaljoe7@gmail.com said...

Justin,
I listened to a 20 minute sermon this am, and you write a better one, all the time in such few and Beautiful Words. You should write Sermons, and tell the world in your refeshing words, What Preachers and Priest are
afraid to say or don't know how
to grasp what God has given to
to Each and All of Us. If they are so close to God why don't they Think Like and Talk Like Him. I think that you talk to us in such a Spoken way that such a young person has grasped what we many times forget!!! I haven't forgotten The Trinity... WOW...
Thank You!!!

JustinO'Shea said...

MOI?? ME write sermons??? ho ho ho
That'd be the blind leading the blind!

Careful what you ask for. . ..hehehe

justin to joe