Monday, June 27, 2011

GAY MARRIAGE


ALAN. . . THANK you.  This is a great sharing.  Good for you two. . and good for Somerset. . . Surprises like yours from the town-folk are always heart-felt.  A sweet tale.  ;-)
                                                        Justin


Monday, June 27, 2011 5:52 AM

Message body

I am I suppose to old in the tooth to put marriage and gay together. I like civil partnership. It answers all I had hopped for and gives me all the legal coverage I want. C and I have now lived together since 1993 and until 2005 no one bothered. However something changes when you do become official, it’s a security I think I am not sure. C is 16+ years older than I am and now at 85 is begging to feel his age so the thought that we are a pair has given him some comfort. What was so surprising is that C and I were the very first to contract a Civil Partnership in Somerset and were amongst the first in the UK. We did it at 11am on the 21st of December 2005. As I was Chairman of the County Council (your Lt. Governor) at the time it made all the local paper headlines and TV. C was a bit shocked at the number of people who came and said well done. So it was alls well that ends well. Loll Alan

2 comments:

Gary Kelly said...

Interesting thought Alan made about his partner deriving some comfort and security in his old age from being part of a pair. Independence is fine but I suppose it's a luxury we can't always afford as we get older.

I'll let you know one of these days... but not yet.

JustinO'Shea said...

Gary. . . . .GO! Go! GO!!!! GO!!! . . . . . .GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ;-))